CALL FOR PAPERS
We welcome the submission of papers/panel discussions which address the main theme of ICIS 2016; ‘Emerging Contours of World Order: The Challenges Ahead’.
The conference sub-themes may include (but are not limited to) the following :
- International Political Economy
- International Law
- Globalization and Security
- International Maritime Studies
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Political Science
- International Logistics and Supply Chain
- International Entrepreneurship
- Foreign Policy
- Strategic Studies
- Multinational Corporations Management
- Cross-cultural Studies
- Free Trade and International Collaborations
Abstract / Panel Submission
- An abstract submission should include :
- A sub-theme of conference, title of paper, name of author and affiliation, corresponding email.
- Abstract of 300 words max., and five keywords.
- Short biography of author.
- For student presenter, please indicate your degree programme i.e. Masters, PhD, etc.
- A panel submission (thematic panel discussion or roundtable discussion)should constitute :
- Title of panel
- Short Introduction to the Panel (300 words max).
- Three (3) paper abstracts of 300 words max.
- Names of a panel chair and a discussant.
- Short biography for all panellists (presenters, chair and discussant).
- Abstract/Proposed Panel should be submitted to us via Easy Chair conference system at https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icis20160 (see the ICIS2016 Easy Chair Submission Manual for more information) (before 7th August 2016).
- Reviews of the abstract and proposed panel are conducted on a rolling basis.
- Notification of accepted abstract and full paper will be on 7th August 2016 onwards.
- An accepted abstract without a completed paper will ONLY be considered for the oral presentation.
- BILINGUAL (English and Malay languages) participation is accepted.
Full Paper Submission
- Prospective authors should ensure full paper to be an original work and have not been accepted in a journal or a book, or under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Each full paper should not exceed 8,500 words (including tables, graphs, footnotes and references). The written language of the paper is English.
- The full paper must use 12-point Times New Roman font and double spaced. All citations and references must follow APA style as depicted at http://www.apastyle.org
- Full papers should be submitted to ICIS2016 committees via Easy Chair conference system at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icis20160 by 7th August 2016.
- Notification of accepted full papers will be on 7th August 2016 onwards.
Conference Best Paper Awards
- The ICIS 2016 organizing committee will select a number of conference best paper awards. Typically, there will be best paper award from every sub-theme of the conference that pass through the minimum requirement. Awardee receive a cash prize or a hotel/conference voucher and a certificate from Emerald. The best conference paper also will receive a fast track review process for publication in the International Journal of Emerging Markets (SCOPUS).
- All accepted and registered papers will be published in the Book of Proceedings with an ISBN number in digital format and will be given to every conference participant. A limited number of the proceeding book will also be printed based on demand with minimum cost.
- In addition, the Organizing Committee will submit the proceeding for inclusion in some proceedings indexing. A selection of the best conference papers will also be considered for publication in the university’s refereed journals, which are internationally recognized or/and indexed by Scopus, after necessary revision according to the individual journals requirements.
- List of UUM refereed journals:
- Journal of International Studies (JIS). URL: http://www.jis.uum.edu.my
- International Journal of Management Studies (IJMS). URL: http://www.ijms.uum.edu.my
- Malaysian Journal of Learning & Instruction (MJLI). URL: http://www.mjli.uum.edu.my
- Journal of Information and Communication Technology (JICT). URL: http://www.jict.uum.edu.my
- Malaysian Management Journal (MMJ). URL: http://www.mmj.uum.edu.my
- The International Journal of Banking And Finance (IJBF). URL: http://www.ijbf.uum.edu.my
- Journal of Governance and Development (JGD). URL : http://www.jgd.uum.edu.my
- Conference presenters must deliver their paper presentations and/or panel discussions in English. No translation service will be provided by the ICIS Organizing Committee.
- Each presenter will have 15 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for discussion. Similar rule of thumb is applied to panel discussion of 3 presenters and a moderator/discussant.
- The Organizing Committee does not provide paper copies for paper presentations and/or panel discussions.
- Laptops and projectors for presentation will be provided by the Organizing Committee.
- Presenters are encouraged to save a copy of digital presentation (power points) in the laptops at the conference rooms ahead of the presentations.
For paper contributors who are unable to attend the ICIS 2016 conference in person but wish to share their conceptual papers or research findings in this important international event and to see their papers published, virtual presentation option is available. Virtual presentation allows participants to submit their papers to be reviewed and published in the journals or conference proceedings, exactly like a regular paper. Virtual participants will receive a full copy of the conference proceedings to be sent through e-mail.
The review process for papers under virtual presentation option will strictly follow the review process for regular submissions. All papers under virtual presentation option will be evaluated based on originality, significance, clarity, and contribution.
To be approved as a virtual presentation, a paper contributor needs to register and declare this option during the registration. Please note that a virtual presentation in the ICIS 2016 does not mean the contributors will be presenting the papers through teleconference or internet streaming as the organizer does not provide such a facility in this event. However, the organizer will assist the contributors on this option in sharing their PPT slides to the conference participants if the contributors request so.
For virtual presentation registration and fees, please go to ‘Fee & Registration’ section.